Carpet in Pennsylvania & Ohio
Carpet is hard to resist, and with new carpeting products now appearing regularly, it’s easy to find the perfect match for your home or place of business. Indeed, there are now carpet options to fulfill every necessary flooring function.
At Marett Carpet One Floor & Home of Volant, Pennsylvania, and North Jackson, Ohio, we’re proud to be the region’s destination for all types of carpet needs, serving the communities of greater New Wilmington, Springfield Falls, and Lawrence County, PA.
Our current carpet inventory spans many of your favorite carpet brands. We pride ourselves on keeping up with the latest flooring trends and helping you pick out the perfect option for your space.
If you’re considering a new carpet installation, here are some things to help you narrow down your choices.
What are the Different Types of Carpet Flooring?
Your carpet’s pile, or fibers, by and large determine how your rug will feel, appear, and function.
Made from either natural or synthetic fibers, carpet pile is available in a wide variety of materials, including natural wool and synthetics such as olefin, polyester, and nylon.
Any of these fibers can be woven into various carpet types, such as level loop, frieze, patterned, textured, and plush.
- Nylon carpet is woven from very, very soft, synthetic fibers that are extremely sturdy and stain-resistant. Nylon fibers are coated with a clear, protective layer that makes for amazing durability that’s designed for a long, busy lifespan.
- Polyester carpet is a more affordable alternative to pricier nylon. Polyester pile feels a lot like nylon and has a very soft texture. Polyester carpeting has traditionally been less durable than nylon, but recent manufacturing improvements are changing this for the better.
- Triexta carpet is made for extreme environments. Woven from short, synthetic pile, triexta achieves its high-function from its rough texture and subtle patterns, which successfully disguise dust, debris, and footprints. Triexta is a favorite for commercial settings.
- Olefin/polypropylene carpet is made to emulate luxury. Velvety soft with intricate patterns, this supple synthetic pile fares best in formal, quieter spaces that aren’t subject to heavy foot traffic.
- Wool carpet is woven from naturally-sustained fibers that are crafted from sheep fleece. Soft, renewable, and naturally resistant to mold and mildew, wool pile is perfected by Mother Nature for a long, colorful life.
Where Can I Install a Carpet Floor?
While we don’t advise installing carpet in your kitchen or bath, there are certainly hundreds of options for the rest of your interior spaces.
Depending on your space, needs, activity levels and if your family has a rambunctious pet, look for features like moisture-resistance, stain-resistance, or heavy density for hallways, family rooms, your kids’ bedrooms, and other hectic areas.
Plush carpet, on the other hand, can be an inviting addition to a formal living room, or in a master bedroom suite.
How Can I Keep My Carpet From Fading?
Some degree of fading simply can’t be helped, since your carpet will naturally shift shades over time, especially if it’s in a spot that receives a lot of natural light.
The good news is that you can minimize this occurrence by doing some pretty simple daily tasks:
- Keep your blinds closed during the daytime.
- Open your blinds at dusk.
- Purchase window treatments made to block ultraviolet lights.
- A fluorocarbon protector provided by your carpet retailers can further help you with this, just remember it needs to be reapplied from time to time.
- Set area rugs farther from windows to keep colors vibrant.
Make it a habit to react immediately when something happens that could fade your carpet. If you spill something, blot it up with a paper towel, then rinse stain with cool water. You should also be cleaning your carpet regularly, and also use a professional carpet cleaner on occasion.
Where Can I Shop For the Best Carpet Near Me?
Your one-stop carpet shop, Marett Carpet One Floor & Home is proud to be part of the world’s largest independent flooring cooperative. We’re locally owned and operated, while emphasizing better carpet solutions.
We offer up amazing purchasing power, value, and knowledge and can help you navigate towards the smartest carpet solutions. To learn more about our carpet products and services, please call us today or plan a visit to one of our local showrooms:
- 374 Potter Run Road in Volant, PA
- 245 South Salem Warren Road in North Jackson, OH